MONTHLY GROUP THERAPY FOR THERAPISTS
STARTS JANUARY 27, 2018, IN CHAPEL HILL, 9 AM – 4 PM
(click for flyer)
Mixed Adult Group (over 40 years old)- 2 opening
Monthly Therapy Group
Every Other Monday Night 6:00pm -7:30 pm
Mixed-Adult Group 2016 (click for flyer)
Group for Women Over 60 -2 openings
Every Tuesday 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
womens-group-2017 (click for flyer)
Clients who feel isolated, alone, distrustful, or lack the skills necessary to relate and sustain healthy connection with others can all benefit from group therapy.
- Increases one’s sense of belonging, instills hope and helps to normalize feelings of ‘differentness’ or estrangement. Great adjunct to individual counseling/therapy.
- The interactive group experience provides ‘live action’ of one’s conflicts (i.e. fear of intimacy, problems with assertiveness) and seeks to help to unblock resistances, reduce feelings of shame and inadequacy, and build self esteem.
- Increases authentic expression and communication.
- Being in a group increases the possibility of reworking the old and experiencing new feelings and thoughts that enhance and expand one’s self-concept and world view.
- Can help you live life more fully: taking risks, repairing important old relationships, creating healthier new relationships, changing careers, cultivating hobbies, and welcoming closeness.