WOMEN OVER 60
Every Tuesday: 11:30 AM – 1 PM
Clients who feel isolated, alone, distrustful, or lack the skills necessary to relate and sustain healthy connection with others can all benefit from group therapy.
- Increases one’s sense of belonging, instills hope and helps to normalize feelings of ‘differentness’ or estrangement. Great adjunct to individual counseling/therapy.
- The interactive group experience provides ‘live action’ of one’s conflicts (i.e. fear of intimacy, problems with assertiveness) and seeks to help to unblock resistances, reduce feelings of shame and inadequacy, and build self esteem.
- Increases authentic expression and communication.
- Being in a group increases the possibility of reworking the old and experiencing new feelings and thoughts that enhance and expand one’s self-concept and world view.
- Can help you live life more fully: taking risks, repairing important old relationships, creating healthier new relationships, changing careers, cultivating hobbies, and welcoming closeness.
QUEER WOMEN OVER 45
Monthly Saturday Group: 9 AM – 2:30 PM
Living in a heteronormative world challenges a queer person every day. The subtle and less subtle messages and expectations for aligning with social norms creates a level of stress for queer women often resulting in anxiety, depression, withdrawal, disconnection and isolation. This therapeutic group will provide a confidential space that builds safety necessary to connect, express, develop community, self and co-regulate while exploring internal issues and conflicts that inhibit one from living more fully. This group is open to trans women too. Group meets for three 1.5 hour sessions with one morning break and 45 minute lunch.